Advanced Laboratory Testing (ALT) are proud to offer Irelands largest INAB Accredited Allergen Testing Service.
Our INAB Accredited testing services covers Allergens such as Gluten, Casein and Sulphur Dioxide.
Click Here for Gluten Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
There are 14 allergens that must be declared by law:
- Cereals containing gluten – wheat (such as spelt and khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats Note: The cereal name e.g ‘wheat’, must be declared and highlighted, not ‘gluten’
- Crustaceans e.g. crabs, prawns, lobsters
- Nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macademia/Quensland nut) Note: The name of the nut, e.g. ‘almond’, must be declared and highlighted, not ‘nuts’
- Sesame Seeds
- Sulphur Dioxide and sulphites (at concentrations of more than 10mg/kg or 10mg/L in terms of total sulphur dioxide) – used as a preservative
- Molluscs e.g. mussels, oysters, squid, snails
Advanced Laboratory Testing (ALT) can offer tailor made solutions for your Allergen Testing Requirements via our ALT INAB Accredited Allergen Testing Laboratory or our UKAS Accredited Partner Laboratory.
- Food Information on Prepacked Foods (booklet)
- Allergen Information for Non-prepacked Foods (booklet)
- Guidance Note No. 28 – Food Allergen Information for Non-Prepacked Food in Ireland
- Food hypersensitivity – food allergy and intolerance (booklet)
- Be Food Allergen Aware Poster
- EU Information Document on Allergens (July 2017)
- Food allergy for caterers (Resource on safefood’s website)